As promised in my first blog ever, I am so excited to announce that I have reviewed my experience at tons of restaurants in Montreal and I am now ready to provide You my Top.5.Brunch.Spots.In.Montreal. You will notice that these restaurants are not named in any particular order. Let’s get to the point.
1. Au P’tit Cochon Santé is a charming joint on a quiet part of Notre Dame Street West (also in Rosemère) – where You will be under the impression that You can eat everything they offer and it will do no harm to your body. Their menu promotes the meals to be Healthy & Bio, yet very tasty & they are not off! I had their French toast with pear compote, bananas, pears with fleur de sel caramel on the side, as well as their Omelette with Spinach, tomato confit and oregano feta … Delish – Their Café Mocha…Great. Do I need to say more? Given its location in a quiet neighbourhood, I doubt that the wait will ever be more than 10 minutes. I highly suggest this spot! http://cochonsante.com
2. Bistro Passé Composé is Plus Que Parfait, if You know what I mean ! Yes You will have to wait for a table most of the time – but who cares during the summer when You are only walking distance from Parc La Fontaine, right? In winter, perhaps what I’m about to say will motivate You to do the line up for a reasonable amount of time before You give up. I recommend the two dishes I love most on their menu in the following order: start with their Omelette Roll Espana which is a mix of Chorizo, spaghetti squash, baby spinach and goat cheese – YUM – and right after, for dessert (Yes! I said for dessert) you must try their French Toast! You will be forever thankful for doing this & if anyone dares to frown upon your big meal, show them this blog that encourages you or even forces you to do it 🙂 http://bistropassecompose.com
3. Communion – in old Montreal, this restaurant is a little more upbeat than the other two I just named. Perhaps it’s because of their authentic look and their brief menu ! I love their menu because they don’t give You a zillion options to choose from – they get right to the point by offering 4 options and I highly suggest the second option called Santé. A Santé plate includes: poached eggs, goat cheese, spinach salad, parfait yogurt, blueberry pancakes … as well as a freshly squeezed orange juice, bio coffee, amazing bread and finger-licking-good-home-made-jam !!! The service is great, the vibe is great, the location is great, the food’s quality and quantity : Great! http://www.restaurantcommunion.com
4. Maison Christian Faure is RIGHT next to Communion but these two are worlds apart in terms of what they have to offer. Maison Christian Faure offers delicious pastries – the chefs are M.O.F. : Meilleurs Ouvriers de France – a very prestigious & highly respected title. If You prefer to have a Fresh+Warm+Tasty Croissant for breakfast/brunch, You must go to Maison Christian Faure. The vibe is extremely european, the staff is very polite & helpful, the pastries are very fresh and appealing. Bon Appétit ! http://maisonchristianfaure.ca/en/
5. Last but not least : Le Cartet. Yes You will have to wait a while for a table but once You get a seat, You get to make new friends, by force! I kid You not. Le Cartet is charming because You get to share a table with many people at a time and You can’t help but hear everyone else’s conversation – it’s a fact ! Their menu is a little complicated as there are many things on it but no matter what You choose, You will like it. This restaurant is located in the heart of Old Montreal on McGill Street. If You ever get tired of waiting for a seat, You can try to go to HamBar or Holder, as they both are across the street from Le Cartet. I highly suggest Le Cartet for the experience and the food. http://lecartet.com
Now that You know My Top5BrunchSpots in MTL, please leave me comments and let me know:
1. Have You been to all 5 restaurants?
2. If You have not, did I convince You to try the ones You have not yet tried? Please do note forget to send me Your comments once you do go to the restaurants you have not yet been to.
If You wish to have my feedback about a specific restaurant, please don’t hesitate to ask for my 2cents in a comment.
I can’t wait to read Your comments on my blog!!!!!!
Have a great SundayFunday & I hope to hear that You will go to one of these 5 restaurants today!!!