Dear my fave Reader,
Has it happened to you that on a weekday, right when you least expect it, at 11:45 AM, one of your clients unexpectedly walks into your office…And the first question that pops in your head is whether you feel comfortable enough taking your client to your daily restaurant to grab your regular mac’n’cheese ? Well if you’re wondering…DON’T…DON’T TAKE YOUR CLIENT TO YOUR DAILY PLAIN RESTAURANTS! Where you take your client reflects not only your professionalism but a little bit about you! So you tell me, is that the impression you would like to have?
This blog will not enumerate “the 18 reasons why you shouldn’t take your client to your ritual spots”! That’s always up to you but what you will find here though is a list of five restaurants where we suggest that you take your clients to, either for a meeting or simply to keep a good relations, which is always a great idea for all of you, current or future business owners !
1. Tavern Square Dominion. Right in the heart of The Golden Square Mile, this restaurant has survived through many ups and downs of our society. What are the secret ingredients of its success? A blend of French and Canadian Cuisine with a touch of British culture. Thankfully, in 1988 a law came into force and prohibited the exclusivity of taverns to men, allowing women access to places such as Tavern Square Dominion!!! If you get the chance to take your client there, don’t forget to score points by inviting them to a Bone Marrow Platter followed by the Nutmeg Doughnuts. You’ll thank me in due time for these tips!
2. Olive & Gourmando. This restaurant always has a lineup as of noon. Is it worth the waiting time? Absolutely. Even if you are impatient, go and wait… trust me on this one ! If you want to get a seat, either go there at 11:30 AM or after 2 PM. Attention: Olive & Gourmando is closed on Mondays, hence plan accordingly and pencil it in your agenda in advance if you can. I made my Californian friend try their food and let me confirm that he was drooling for a while after – you know you did Montreal good when you’ve impressed Californians!
Their soups, their sandwiches, their deserts… you will not have enough of this jewel. Try their roasted Grain-Fed Chicken Breast Rubbed with Cajun Spices, Guacamole, Fresh Tomatoes, and Mango ! Your clients will love you for making them discover this spot.
3. Dolcetto & co. Where do I start? You will not turn into a sailor at this Bar a vin italien, but you will sure wish you were one, if the food they serve is what sailors get to eat on their trips. As the sizes of their pizzas are just perfect, I highly recommend the foie gras fig sea salt pizza. Yes they have other pizzas to eat too, including a nutella one, but what can I say ? The heart wants to share what the tummy loves to taste.
4. Titanic. No you are not going to sink, but the restaurant is extremely interesting as it is in the basement of the building! Although there is a lot of traffic there, you will almost always find a spot to sit and enjoy your food. This typical Old Montreal style restaurant is full of laid back professionals during lunch times and the staff is extremely kind and friendly. As for the food, I used to always order their BLT which is mixed with extravaganza vegetables, until I was introduced to their all vegetarian platter followed by their Mac’n’cheese. Needless to say that I personally scored points when I took my vegetarian client to Titanic for their vegetarian Platter.
5. Cantinho de Lisboa. Recently discovered during a hunt for a new spot to meet potential clients, this place is not only a restaurant! In fact, you can kill a few birds with the one stone:
1 little birdie) Please your client with a healthy platter so she or he will not have to worry confessing to their gym trainer about their calorie intake;
2 little birdies) Impress your client with the chef behind the scenes : Chef Helena Loureiro;
3 little birdies) Buy your fresh foods, hand picked or prepared by this one of a kind chef, just like you would do in a small market!
* Don’t skip their julienned… Crispy… Long… thin… fries!
Last but not least, when you’re clients are enthusiastically impressed and ask you how you found this place you took them to, make sure to forward them our blog link https://whatzbest.wordpress.com/ as these are just a few suggestions among many more to come in our upcoming blogs that they may need to use one day!!
May your success and appetite be satisfied dear readers! Please don’t forget to send WHATZBEST G.A.L.S. your comments!!!
Your WhatZBest G.A.L.S.